Peach frozen yogurt:
16 4-ounce containers LACTAID™ Nonfat Lactose Free Peach Yogurt
4 cups sliced frozen peaches, thawed and drained (1 32-ounce bag frozen peaches)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Line a large strainer with a cheese cloth. Place over a large mixing bowl. Place yogurt into strainer. Cover strainer with plastic wrap and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- Place peaches in a food processor. Pulse until peaches are barely pureed and a few small chunks remain, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Transfer peaches to a medium saucepan. Add sugar and stir well. Cook over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add cinnamon and stir well. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove yogurt from cheese cloth, discarding whey liquid from bottom of bowl. Transfer yogurt to a large mixing bowl. Add cooled peach mixture and mix well with a whisk or large spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer yogurt mixture to ice cream maker and churn for 25 minutes or according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to a 2-quart container and freeze for at least 2 hours. Frozen yogurt may be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- 15 minutes prior to serving, combine raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave until warm and bubbly about 2-3 minutes. Stir well until raspberries fall apart. Allow to cool slightly, about 10-15 minutes or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Scoop 1-cup servings of frozen yogurt into ice cream dishes top each dish with 1/4 cup raspberry sauce.
Inactive time: Frozen yogurt: 12 hours chill time plus 25 minutes churning time and 2 hours freezing time Raspberry sauce: 10-15 minutes cooling time